You’re eating all the right things. You’re getting regular exercise. But it doesn’t look like you’re losing any weight. Or maybe all the conventional advice about how to lose weight sounds too hard, or just wrong, and so you’re not even trying. What if all that conventional wisdom is wrong? Read on…
Facts about fats
- Your body is designed to fight for survival.
- It considers fats as essential to survival.
- It will only burn fat for energy if it is starved of sugar.
All the wrong advice
- Eat everything in moderation.
- Don’t eat too much in one meal, eat several small meals.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- You should do some light exercise everyday.
- You must count your calories if you want to lose weight
Each single one of these ideas is WRONG!, especially when it comes to losing weight.
Let me explain
- Eating everything in moderation gets you just enough carbs that your body never has to use any of its stored fat. In fact, with moderation, you probably get more carbs than you need. And guess what the body does with the carbs it doesn’t use? Yep, it stores it away as fat - as instructed by the hormone insulin.
- Your body raises insulin levels everytime you eat. So if you eat several meals a day, your insulin may never return to normal levels. Which means your body is constantly taking carbs and putting them away as fat. And if you’re not eating enough satiating fats with these meals, you’re probably feeling hungry all the time, despite eating all the time.
- Don’t break your fast first thing in the morning. You need to give your body a longer fasted state for it to burn stored fat. Wait to eat until lunch time.
- Sure, some light exercise is better for your heart than sitting around all day. But for losing weight you need to put the body through short bursts of high intensity exercise. Light exercise everyday will not help you lose weight.
- Calorie counting sounds like a fine concept, but your body is a much more complex machine than a calories in/calories out type of deal. Hormones, psychology, gut health, and nutrients play a big role. Deprivation of calories rarely works in the long run. What percentage of those successful weight-watcher type people do you think are back to their former weight? My guess is it’s a high number.
So basically, I can’t lose weight - it’s too hard?
Nope, not the case at all. There is a simple way to achieve results. It’s mostly the opposite of all the wrong advice we’ve heard over the years. The solution is Intermittent Fasting with a sensible diet like keto or paleo. This is how you do it:
- Eat only 2 meals a day between 12pm and 6pm. This is called Intermittent Fasting.
- Eat unlimited salads. No need to moderate leafy greens. Eat lots of veggies. Eat a good amount of healthy fats like nuts, seeds, olive oil and butter. Eat only 3-6 ounces of protein (about the size of your palm). And eat very few carbs. This is called a keto diet. Paleo, and similar diets can be just as effective.
- Skip breakfast. That’s right. Eat your first meal of the day at 12pm or later.
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) or strength training with heavy weights and low reps is the best way to speed up weight loss. It will also make your muscles stronger and help you look great. Plus, each exercise session takes very little time, and you only need to do it 2-3 times a week. The recovery days are important.
- Carbs, not calories, are what you need to keep low.
- By keeping carbs low, you keep insulin low.
- By keeping insulin low, you give your body a chance to burn fat for energy.
- By eating healthy fats you help your body get through 18-20 hours of fasting every day.
- That fasting period along with HIIT or strength training spikes HGH - Human Growth Hormone in the body. This triggers maximum fat burning in the body.
Weight loss is not a natural thing for the body. Most of the traditional advice on losing weight is plain wrong. The Intermittent Fasting + keto/paleo + HIIT plan is simple, but not necessarily easy. It takes self discipline when you start out. It is probably the best way to lose weight. And the result is not just serious weight loss, but a healthier, great-looking you. Most importantly, you will be well on your way to feeling your best.
Next, check out our Golden keto philosophy.
Ready to take action? Read this quick start guide for Intermittent Fasting.